April 7, 2010

Progetto Quindici: Nutty Carrot Cake

I've been dying to try out my friend's recipe for the longest of time. But the thing is, I'm lazy to make a carrot cake from scratch.

Today was another one of those slow days so I decided to check my pantry. Lo and behold, the mix Monica and I bought was still there and other things like pecans, almonds and pistachio. So I decided to do a little experimenting and I came up with this recipe. Yes, I'm so proud of myself. I had no help from google whatsoever.

Ingredients:
Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix
1 1/4 Cup of Water
1/3 Cup of Oil
3 Eggs
2 Medium Sized Carrots
2 Cups of Pecans (Finely Chopped)

Pre-heat up to 350 Degrees

Procedure:
1. Grate your carrots and set aside.
2. Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs. Blend until smooth and creamy. I used my food processor for this. I'm that lazy today.
3. Pour onto a larger bowl then fold in the chopped pecans and carrots.
4. Grease your pan, I used a non-stick bread pan.
5. Pour batter into the pan 3/4 of the way.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes. You can use the old toothpick method to check if your cake's okay.
Usually people use cream cheese icing for this sort of cake since it's not that sweet. But I don't have that much of a sweet tooth, I used powdered sugar instead.





2 comments: