April 8, 2010

Progetto Sedici: Crepes

This is the first time I've ever tried to make crepes. I got inspired by watching that episode on How I Met Your Mother where Robin made some for Ted.

I used pancake mix and added more liquid ingredients to get the liquid-ier consistency.

Ingredients:
250g Pancake Mix
2 Tbsp of  Oil
2 Eggs
1 Cup of Water

Procedure:
1. To make things easier; pop everything in a food processor and blend until all the lumps are gone. Refrigerate for at least an hour so that the dry ingredients can absorb the liquid ingredients.
2. Heat a crepe pan or skillet with a 15-cm. base, preferably nonstick, over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with few drops of water; when pan is hot enough, water should sizzle immediately. Brush pan lightly with oil.
3. Remove pan from heat and quickly add 1/4 cup of batter to one edge, tilting and swirling pan until base is covered with a thin layer of batter.
4. Return pan to medium-high heat. Loosen edges of crepe with a metal spatula. Then flip when you feel that the bottom-side is firm enough.
I love cheese, so I placed cubes of white cheese in my crepes. There's just something about the sweet and salt blend that can set fireworks in your mouth.

Topped off with powdered sugar, delish!



No comments:

Post a Comment