March 29, 2010

Progetto Dieci: Classic Almond Lace Cookies

Aside from the fact that there's a kilo of almonds sitting in the pantry, I told my best friend's sister I'd try baking this.

It was pretty okay, but I'm still after the uber thin result. Next time!

I modified the ingredients by the way.

Ingredients:
2 ounces almonds (to yield 1/2 cup ground almonds)
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 sugar
1/8 cup of milk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
Pinch salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Procedure:

1. Grind the almonds using a food processor, measure 1/2 cup and set aside.
2. Over low heat, allow the butter and sugar to melt. By the time the sugar dissolves add half of the milk bring it up to a boil and add the salt and flour.
3. Remove pan from the heat then fold in the almonds,vanilla extract and left over milk.
4. Have your cookie tray lined up with parchment paper. And simply drop the batter on the tray. Mold it to the desired size you want. (I'm a fan of big cookies)
5. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until your cookies are brown enough.

This recipe is good for 7 big cookies.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment