March 22, 2010

Progetto Sette: Oatmeal Revel Bars

I was supposed to bake this around Thursday, but I got so bored and I decided to do it today instead. The reason why I'm baking these delish chocolatey treats is because my mom sent me way too much Oatmeal in hopes that I'd eat them. Blech. I can't stand oatmeal, but when they're baked in cookies and bars... that's a different story. I don't really have a big sweet tooth but baking is one of the things I can do to keep me busy in this state I'm in.

Ingredients:

1 of cup butter
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups of oats
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips (again according to preference I like a lot of chocolate)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Procedure:
1. Lightly grease your baking tray. Just so that your bars won't stick to it.
2. Cream the 1 cup butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one and a time, and beat until fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Add flour and baking soda, and mix well. Being the lazy ass that I am, I used my mom's food processor to do the job for me. :)
3. Once your mixture is ready; place it in a separate bowl and add your 1/4 cup of milk. Just so that it's easier to stir. Believe me, it's tiring to mix.
4. Stir in (by hand this time) the 3 cups of oats.
5. Spread 1/2 to 3/4 of the mixture into the jelly roll pan, and pat down evenly.
6. In small heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips, condensed milk, and 2 tablespoons butter. Stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted.
7. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over the oat mixture in the pan. Dot with reserved oat mixture.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are browned and the center feels firm.
9. Cool in the pan, then cut into small bars.
















6 comments:

  1. yummy!!!! r u selling it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I just bake to keep me busy, haven't thought of selling yet. Though a lot of people suggested I should. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sis! :) It is yummy. My neighbors loved it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you to go here! Eh you didn't :P

    ReplyDelete