March 13, 2010

Progetto Quattro: Tuna Farfalle

After watching Rachel Ray cook up a storm in just 30 minutes for as long as I can remember I have grown accustomed to creating random pasta dishes. I cooked this twice for my former housemates and they seemed to enjoy it just as much as I did.

Ingredients:
1 Bag of Farfalle Pasta
2 – 3 Tablespoons of Oil
Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
1 Can of Tomato Sauce
300 ml Cream
Grated Parmesan
2 Tablespoons of Butter
Basil
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Onion Bulb
1 Can of Tuna in water or in brine
1 Can of Sliced Mushrooms

Procedure:
1.  Boil the pasta and season with salt, add a couple of tablespoons of oil so that the pasta won’t stick together after you strain them. I used a Farfalle or bow tie-shaped pasta because it looks pretty, but you can use any kind of pasta you want for this dish. :)

2. Once your pasta is strained, set it aside and get started on the sauce.

3. Have your garlic, onion and basil finely chopped. Set your stove on medium heat and allow the butter to melt before adding the garlic and onion. Don’t get it too cooked though, you wouldn’t want to taste burnt garlic in your pasta.

4. When you feel that the onion and garlic is just right, add your tuna. Then season with a little salt and pepper.

5. Lower the heat and gradually add the tomato sauce, cream and basil. Allow to simmer for a couple of minutes then add your grated parmesan. (It really depends on you how much basil and parmesan you put into your pasta; I’m a cheese person so I tend to put a lot of parmesan.)

6. After cooking the sauce, drop in the strained Farfalle and mushrooms. Allow to simmer for a while and you’re done. 
 

I wasn't able to take pictures of the entire procedure coz I just decided to post this a while ago.  But here's the finished product. Sorry for the lousy picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment