March 13, 2010

Progetto Due: Portfolio


Photography is one of my many hobbies. No, I'm not saying I'm a pro at taking pictures nor am I calling myself a photographer. I'm merely an enthusiast; learning and loving the still life.

It started way back when I was seven. My dad had a Canon SLR complete with telephoto, macro and wide-angle lenses. I started tinkering with it, there was no film so I just pretended to take photos by drawing what I saw in tiny pieces of paper. Yes I wanted a Polaroid Camera ever since. My dad didn't know about my passion for photography; he'd kill me if he found out I've been playing with his things. Anyway he got me my first camera by the time I was 13. It was a film point-and-shoot; I didn't really have much fun with it. It was solely for the purpose of documentation. But I had my moments.

By the time digital cameras arrived; my dad got me my first Nikon. I loved how I could take photos, manipulate them and store them without any hassle. Don't get me wrong, film is fun. It's just that I'm lazy. I got to college and my experimenting with Macro Photography grew. I actually enjoyed taking pictures of cells and what-not in my Zoology Class.


Ok, enough babbling. As my Progetto Due; I've complied a portfolio of my so-called "Art Shots". Thanks to Flickr, Facebook and Multiply. I get to share them with my friends and the rest of the cyber world.

Special thanks to that special someone who's been inspiring me all these years. :)

Oh yeah, you can see my portfolio here.

2 comments: